» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Class Of '83 Reunion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Eddie Cochran's Ghost Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 19 2008,11:55 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My wife and I have some friends from this class that were very upset that they could not attend because of the poor scheduling of their 25th reunion.  They live out of town and their kids are involved with sports and this is the height of summer sports seasons with tournaments, etc.  Another factor for them not being able to go is that it happened on Father's day weekend.  Throw in Eddie Cochran Days and I can really agree with them that this was very poor planning.  Maybe it was good for people that are still in town and/or have family that still live here but for others, it didn't seem to be that easy to attend.  

Any word on the attendance of this one?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 20 2008,2:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm assuming it was a ghost town.
 Post Number: 3
peanuts Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2008,3:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I didnt even know about it. Who was in charge of it this time? I wanted to go to it. Oh well see you at the 50th I guess  :beer:
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2008,12:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(peanuts @ Jun. 24 2008,3:15 pm)
I didnt even know about it. Who was in charge of it this time? I wanted to go to it. Oh well see you at the 50th I guess  :beer:

Maybe it was meant for only those that still remain in town and their close friends.
 Post Number: 5
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2008,1:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well that's hardly Mayberry, is it?

So much for small-town America...

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 6
peanuts Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2008,7:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

[QUOTE](peanuts @ Jun. 24 2008,3:15 pm)
I didnt even know about it. Who was in charge of it this time? I wanted to go to it. Oh well see you at the 50th I guess  

Maybe it was meant for only those that still remain in town and their close friends.

Well since its over.... I guess that out of the just about 500 that were in the class there is only about 5 or 6 that I would like to see, that I dont see around town already.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 25 2008,11:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The consensus seems to be that this was one of the most poorly planned class reunions in AL alumni history.  Seriously, if there were people that still live in town that were unaware of the events or unable to attend because of the ill-advised scheduling... what else is one to conclude?

It is obvious that the GDAWS planned this.
 Post Number: 8
ALRox Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 26 2008,2:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm class of 83.  A couple months ago I ran into someone from the planning committee & he asked for my address (he didn't even know I lived here & I've been back for 15 years)...I did get an invite about a month before the event but couldn't go b/c of my nephew's graduation party.  I don't keep in touch with anyone from high school and I live here.  That being said, I do volunteer for a lot of different things and it is almost always a thankless job.  In defense of the committee....they're all volunteers and can use all the help they can get in planning the reunions.  If your friends are interested I can forward them a couple names of people on the committee so they can contact them.  That way they can volunteer for the committee for the 30th or at least the committee will have their contact info. so they are included next time.  Just pm me and I'll send you the info.
7 replies since Jun. 19 2008,11:55 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Class Of '83 Reunion
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon