[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Taco Bell< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Twiggs50 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2015,8:25 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just found out Taco Bell is closing soon. What the hell happened?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
nzeroesc Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 26 2015,3:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Haven't noticed any changes there, but honestly couldn't tell you the last time I ate there either.  Wonder if it wasn't a 15 year lease?  That area was built up in ~2000.  Could explain them moving out now.  Possibly not enough sales between all the other excellent authentic options in town.

I stand corrected.  Posted by one of the owners on Facebook...

It's with a heavy heart that we are announcing the closing of Taco Bell on September 10th. The corporate demands of mandatory upgrades that are put on franchisees have gotten to a point where we can not keep up with the expense of the upgrades. We are disappointed as we loved all the support and business that you all gave to us. This was not a decision that was made easily and want to Thank You for a wonderful last 5 years!
 Post Number: 3
Marneman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,12:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's a shame that they are going out of business because the "corporate" office mandates they need to do upgrades that come out of the owner/franchisers pockets with no help from the corporation.  That's how we lost our old KFC(luckly we were able to get a new one), and our Pizza Hut.

God help me now I sound like a liberal! :blush:

--------------
Rock of the Marne
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,7:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think it's a bit misleading to feel like there is "no help from corporate."  All of those franchises spend millions of dollars on advertising and though that is a shared cost, there is a major benefit to it.  Because of TV, radio, and print ads, when I ask you to name the top 5 fast food Mexican, chicken, or pizza restaurants, what comes to mind?  Even if you don't care for their products, you know they exist, and you know what they sell.  

Based on name recognition alone when you are deciding on someplace to eat, you'll think of KFC first before you remember that a half dozen other places in town do broasted or fried chicken.  People coming off the interstate are going to know and recognize the Taco Bell sign, and are statistically less likely to stop at Taco King, no matter how much better it may be.  Just as those owners made a choice to start in business as a Taco Bell, Pizza Hut or KFC, they get to make a conscious choice to continue investing in that brand as changes come.  Otherwise we would have possibly seen come and go yet another unknown chicken, pizza or mexican restaurant.  Or potentially seen another success like Jakes, Plaza Morena, or whatever and whoever you feel does good chicken in town...

Yes they all required substantial investments for improvements, but that is because their name recognition and nationwide presence means that no matter where i go I should expect and receive the same experience.  I don't want to find an outdated franchise without the proper equipment to make half the new menu items somewhere.
 Post Number: 5
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,8:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maybe they can do some sort of spinoff and still stay being a business.  They give it a new name and design like "Paco's Tacos" or something.  There are success stories I can think of.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 6
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,9:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've seen it done many times, the owner gets tired of the franchise's demands, dumps them, changes the name and continues business. A lot depends on the contract.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,9:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seems to work well enough for Don's Crumble Beef (We swear they aren't Maid Rite) Sandwiches.  :cool:
 Post Number: 8
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,10:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They could call it Pancho Johns.  :D

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 9
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,10:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^ I just noticed your new signature line, cool.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 10
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 29 2015,10:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
29 replies since Aug. 25 2015,8:25 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Taco Bell
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon