[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Northwood Murder Case Craziness< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
just the facts Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2015,11:07 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

KAALtv.com
Lack of Racial Diversity Leads Judge to Dismiss Jury Pool in Northwood Murder Case

Posted at: 05/13/2015 10:22 AM
Updated at: 05/13/2015 10:34 AM

FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) - A judge has dismissed a 112-member jury pool after determining that a black man accused of murder couldn't get a fair trial when all but one potential juror is white.

Forty-one-year-old Tyrone Washington Jr. of Northwood is accused in the August 2013 stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend, 30-year-old Justina Smith.

Washington's defense attorney requested to have the entire jury pool stricken, and District Judge Colleen Weiland on Tuesday granted his motion. Out of the 112 jury pool, 111 people had identified themselves as white. One juror identified himself as Native American.

A new trial date wasn't set Tuesday, but the case is expected to remain in Webster County.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,6:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

blacks are not smart enough to vote so no record of them being here
 Post Number: 3
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,7:00 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow. Just... wow.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 4
Memphis Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,9:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Isnt that racism? You throw out a jury because of skin color, what happen to blind justice? Your not allowed to do your civic duty because of the color of your skin? Has their civil rights been violated? If the roles were reversed would Northwood have a riot on their hands? Sorry this is just wrong, very wrong.
 Post Number: 5
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,9:28 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We need the jury seated in Cook County, Illinois, is what you're saying...  :blush:

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 6
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

blacks do not have to go buy white mans law just the blacks law witch is if I do not get my way I will riot  :finger:
 Post Number: 7
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,10:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(twingroves @ May 14 2015,9:31 am)
blacks do not have to go buy white mans law just the blacks law witch is if I do not get my way I will riot  :finger:

Only the wealthy can afford to "buy" the laws. :(

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 8
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,11:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Botto 82 @ May 14 2015,7:00 am)
Wow. Just... wow.

I have to agree Botto, I get a little nasty now and then but that is "breathtaking" :dunce:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 9
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,1:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ May 14 2015,11:13 am)

(Botto 82 @ May 14 2015,7:00 am)
Wow. Just... wow.

I have to agree Botto, I get a little nasty now and then but that is "breathtaking" :dunce:

Agreed. Twingroves has truly outdone himself!

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 10
Marneman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,7:34 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

This guy already got his case moved out of Worth County because he couldn't get a fair trial there.  He's been dragging out the case by firing his lawyers.  Now this BS about the jury make up.  What this guy wants is some kind of OJ jury that will let him out after he claims the victim forced him to kill her because he's black.

Another poster child for the death penalty

--------------
Rock of the Marne
11 replies since May 13 2015,11:07 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Northwood Murder Case Craziness
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon