Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: cheating Greater Minnesota on broadband, By Brian Lambert | 09:26 am< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Gabe Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2015,4:41 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Former GOP Rep. Dan Dorman left the House in 2009 and now is executive director of the three-year­-old Greater Minnesota Partnership, a consortium of 90 members — including 10 MnSCU campuses and 10 chambers of commerce — that advocate for Greater Minnesota issues. “Basically,” he says, “what you see is that technological ignorance and politics have intertwined. I was in the House for eight years. I’ve seen this firsthand. In general, Republicans don’t like to spend money. If they can find a reason, any reason, not to to spend they’ll cling to it no matter what.”

Cheating Greater MN on Broadband
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,10:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:angry:  Dorman.  Former RINO current self serving Lobbyist  :finger:

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 3
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: May 14 2015,7:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Gabe @ May 13 2015,4:41 pm)
Former GOP Rep. Dan Dorman left the House in 2009 and now is executive director of the three-year­-old Greater Minnesota Partnership, a consortium of 90 members — including 10 MnSCU campuses and 10 chambers of commerce — that advocate for Greater Minnesota issues. “Basically,” he says, “what you see is that technological ignorance and politics have intertwined. I was in the House for eight years. I’ve seen this firsthand. In general, Republicans don’t like to spend money. If they can find a reason, any reason, not to to spend they’ll cling to it no matter what.”

Cheating Greater MN on Broadband

Dorman is so full of crap..

Republicans spend more money than any party and then blame the debt on Democrats.. Phony politics at its best..

Broadband educates people and those that are uneducated tend to vote Republican.. Sad but true..
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: May 15 2015,10:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:rofl:   Hey, alki made a joke.  :p

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 5
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 15 2015,2:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This is taken from “An Analysis of the Presidents Who Are Responsible For Excessive Spending”, by Steve McGourty. The original page for it was here;
http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.xls
But since it is no longer up I wanted to share it with you here.

The chart below shows the United Stated national debt (per Microsoft’s Encarta Encyclopedia[1]) with the various Presidents’ terms marked by vertical lines. Under Clinton the growth in debt ceased, but note the radical change in direction debt has taken since George W. Bush entered office. There is no question that the steepest upward rises in debt take place when Conservative Republican Presidents are in office (see red below).

Since 1938 the Democrats have held the White house for 35 years, the Republicans for 31. Over that time the national debt has increased at an average annual rate of 8.9%. The Democratic yearly average (that is the years Democrats were in the White House) was an increase of 8.7%. The years while the Republicans ran the White House, during this same period; the debt increased an average 9.1% per year. Those averages are pretty close.

If you look at the debt starting with Truman’s term (and remove Roosevelt’s WWII debt) the difference between the two parties contributions to our national debt level change considerably. Since 1946 the Democratic Presidents increased the national debt an average of only 3.7% per year when they were in office. The Republican Presidents stay at an average increase of 9.1% per year. Over the last 57 years Republican Presidents have out borrowed Democratic Presidents by more than a two to one ratio. That is, for every dollar a Democratic President has raised the national debt in the past 57 years Republican Presidents have raised the debt by $2.47.

https://m.facebook.com/notes...9250895

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 16 2015,5:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ May 15 2015,10:48 am)
:rofl:   Hey, alki made a joke.  :p

...uh MD, taint no joke. :oops:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 7
hymiebravo Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2015,9:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ May 14 2015,10:12 am)

Giving someone the middle finger doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do.
 Post Number: 8
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2015,1:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hymiebravo @ Jun. 05 2015,9:30 pm)

Giving someone the middle finger doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do.

And our Post of the Week, a late entry, goes to...

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2015,10:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hymiebravo @ Jun. 05 2015,9:30 pm)

You're right hymie.  I even had second thoughts before I did it.  I can safely say, "The devil made me do it."  :p

You've maybe heard the old tune, "God didn't make little green apples?"   :D

--------------
8 replies since May 13 2015,4:41 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply cheating Greater Minnesota on broadband
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon