[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Another gaff, gaffs=ugly truth< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
stardust14 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2015,2:01 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Once in a while facades come crashing down. People build cute facades around their true self. At times these facades become cracked, and come tumbling down due to outside investigation. Other times it is the person himself who unpurposely reveals his true identity. Politicians often reveal their secret identity in embarrassing ways through "gaffs". Such gaffs are often the clearest representation of what a politician is really thinking but dares not openly admit.

One such gaff took place recently amid debate on the MN House Floor. While debating the Transportation Omnibus bill a certain Rep. Jim Newberger was defending the bill. The topic was centered around the NorthStar commuter rail line that runs north from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Big Lake. Some legislators had suggested the rail line should be extended to St. Cloud. Jim is against all commuter trains. So he decided to use sarcasm to voice his disgust with light rail. He said that maybe the suggested rail line would come in handy if connected from North Minneapolis to the prison in St. Cloud. Jim was jeered and booed for his blatant racist remark. He later apologized but it was too late. His racism was exposed to his colleagues and the television audience. Jim's "gaff" quickly spread online.

Jim's revealed truth of himself is disappointing but little surprise to me. In the past Jim has revealed himself as an angry disillusioned thug politician who is prone to nasty vitriol on many issues---a henchman of the Right. If a person is not White, middle class, square, and yuppie then Jim despises you. His re-elections to office says much of his constituency.

What will poor Jim do now? His facade is transparent, like many of his fellow Minnesotans. I imagine his future re-election will prove ugly truths are no barrier to political office and "good citizenship".
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2015,3:29 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree, I think a lot more of these racist politicitions should be hung out to dry and never again allowed to become public servants :thumbsup:

http://mediatrackers.org/nationa...ficials

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 3
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 22 2015,10:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But, but, but, what about people associated with Obama.

I'm starting to think you've got a bit of a man crush on Obama.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2015,9:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess I'm not sure why it that is considered racist.. do only people of a certain color go prison in St. Cloud?
I don't know anything else of this story, or Jim other than what I read in the original post.
Am i missing something?

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 23 2015,12:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I saw the footage this morning, I didn't think it was that bad a rant but he looked pretty stupid saying it. :dunce:

--------------

Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 24 2015,10:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's called "dog whistle racism", a practice used often by politicians...and intermittently on this site.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 25 2015,1:19 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^...and the high and pious have spoken. :violin:

--------------

Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2015,2:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^^...which means ethical standards for many are in the trash.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2015,5:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^don't worry, you'll evolve :D

--------------

Post Number: 10
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2015,7:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't know, it seems to me that we all have to tread on egg shells while speaking these days. Do not offend anyone. I know quite a few people that used to live in North Minneapolis, they say they are very dismayed at what it has become. Watch the local news in the cities. Not a very safe area.

--------------
git er done!
12 replies since Apr. 22 2015,2:01 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Another gaff
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon