Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Hagel resigns, frustration continues in administration< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 24 2014,12:12 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

US defence secretary Chuck Hagel resigns

President Barack Obama confirmed his resignation and paid tribute to his "class and integrity".

Mr Hagel, 68, a Vietnam war veteran and former Republican senator, said it had been his life's "greatest privilege".

Last month, it was reported that he was sharply critical of the US strategy against Islamic State and in relation to the Syria regime.

He will stay on as secretary until his successor is confirmed.

An unnamed official told the Associated Press news agency that Mr Hagel and Mr Obama both "determined that it was time for new leadership in the Pentagon" and had been discussing the move for weeks.

Mr Obama said Mr Hagel had come to him to discuss the "appropriate time to complete his service".

The US president said he was "extraordinary lucky" to have Mr Hagel by his side as defence secretary and praised him for forging a strong bond with US troops.

Mr Hagel is the first enlisted combat veteran to serve in the role.

In a brief statement, Mr Hagel said it had been the "great privilege of my life to lead and most importantly to serve the men and women of the defence department".

That's what happens when you disagree with Bambino.

No matter what Don Obama says, Chuck didn't get along with the direction the king wanted.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 24 2014,12:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, his cabinet appointments are like a revolving door. :blush:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 3
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 24 2014,4:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

No big loss really, hagel was a POS anyways.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2014,5:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You know how every family business seems to have the one outsider wanting to be included?  They hang around never leaving, so the family appeases him for while, treating him almost like he's a part of the family, or a pet.  Never really including him on the important stuff, the big decisions, until one day he starts to realize he's not really part of the group and turns to anger creating friction.

That's what this reminds me of.
 Post Number: 5
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2014,4:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^Family businesses and a member causing friction?  That sounds like Trump, Koch, and Murdoch.  All of which inherited a fortune and direct their influence by causing friction.

S.B.
Wow, his cabinet appointments are like a revolving door.

It's not unusual for a President to appoint a different Secretary of Defense and Attorney General during the second term.  That's hardly a revolving door.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2014,4:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Nov. 26 2014,4:10 pm)
S.B.
Wow, his cabinet appointments are like a revolving door.

It's not unusual for a President to appoint a different Secretary of Defense and Attorney General during the second term.  That's hardly a revolving door.

He was sec-def less than a year :crazy:

--------------

Post Number: 7
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2014,4:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Nov. 26 2014,4:10 pm)
^Family businesses and a member causing friction?  That sounds like Trump, Koch, and Murdoch.  All of which inherited a fortune and direct their influence by causing friction.

Don't be mad.  That happens on both sides.  

Steyer, Soros, and Bloomberg to name a few.

Fail.
 Post Number: 8
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2014,5:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Nov. 26 2014,4:17 pm)

My mistake, I forgot about the Panetta and Gates years.   :blush:

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2014,10:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(irisheyes @ Nov. 26 2014,5:52 pm)

(Self-Banished @ Nov. 26 2014,4:17 pm)

My mistake, I forgot about the Panetta and Gates years.   :blush:

Don't feel bad, I'd forgotten their names too.

--------------

8 replies since Nov. 24 2014,12:12 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Hagel resigns
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon