[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 612345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Updated costs for dredging Fountain lake.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2014,5:21 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I received this document from a local taxpayer concerned about the ballooning cost of dredging Fountain Lake.

Some of the interesting parts are the new cost estimates of $35 million to $44 million. Also it seems that dredge we bought is too small and even with a larger dredge it would take 2 years working 24hrs a day, 6 days a week. We also need to dewater the soil that we dredge and the water treatment plant would cost $10,000,000.

You can read all the gory details here

http://www.scribd.com/doc/241009665/Dredging-Cost-Fountain-Lake

Maybe the Tribune can do a story on this information and on that white elephant dredge we bought, where it's being stored, how much we're paying, and who we are paying to store it.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2014,6:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Oh the road to hell is paved with good intentions,
So who's all gonna get evisorated on this one???

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2014,8:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How crazy is it that we have to treat/polish the water before returning it to the lake it just came out of?

At the rate they're going that $15,000,000 will be eaten up by administration, engineers, consultants, and storage fees before that lake is an inch deeper.

I wonder where the $15,000,000 figure originally came from.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2014,8:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But if they don't there'll be a global, I mean Albert Lea catastrophe,

Sorry, couldn't resist but I also couldn't help seeing a lot of similarities. The wrong people have gotten ahold of this, they might have meant well but but it looks like it might become a fiscal disaster.

Progressives should not be in political office.

--------------

Post Number: 5
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 25 2014,11:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've polished the water in my aquarium, for a whole lake? :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 6
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2014,7:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't understand why this is such a complicated task to undertake and execute.  They dredge all the time in the Mississippi River without all the monkey business Barr Engineering is proposing.

The Mississippi can't be that much cleaner with it flowing through the Twin Cities, multiple towns and farms sitting beside it.

Who is storing the dredge, what are those fees, and what relationship does that person have with the local government?
 Post Number: 7
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2014,9:02 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Common Citizen @ Sep. 26 2014,7:13 am)
Who is storing the dredge, what are those fees, and what relationship does that person have with the local government?

I can see it now...

"You want answers?"
"I want the TRUTH!"
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 26 2014,9:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

15 million works out to about $500 a head for everyone in the county.

--------------

Post Number: 9
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2014,10:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Call Shannon.

Do you like it that Fountain Lake will finally be dredged, after decades of effort to finally purify one of Freeborn County’s greatest natural resources? Then vote Shannon Savick. She secured it with one two-minute phone call to the governor.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 01 2014,11:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

She got it done in two minutes, how long had republican state reps failed at getting it done?

--------------
50 replies since Sep. 25 2014,5:21 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 612345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Updated costs for dredging Fountain lake.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon