» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Kibbles closing< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Whiskero Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 12 2014,8:57 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just heard Kibbles in Albert Lea, among other John Deere Dealerships will be closing this fall; what a bummer!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Whiskero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 13 2014,2:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is official. August 1st.
 Post Number: 3
Alfy Packer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2014,2:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I won't be following them to Blue Earth for my service needs!
 Post Number: 4
RET Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2014,4:07 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Go to AgPower in Hollandale.

--------------
[B]
 Post Number: 5
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2014,12:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Construction begins on new North Industrial Park

Just shortly after an official groundbreaking ceremony at the new North Industrial Park in Blue Earth, dirt-moving equipment began construction in earnest. "We don't really have time to waste," says Linsey Warmka, the executive director of the Faribault County Development Corporation. "We already have a business that wants to begin construction here this year." That business is Kibble Equipment. Their representative at the groundbreaking ceremony, David Goebel, says his company plans to begin construction on its new 10,000 plus square foot building by Aug. 15.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 6
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2014,1:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^^^wow, that hurts.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 7
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2014,3:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So if one wanted to start a successful business in AL I imagine going in to competition with Bonnerup might not be a bad idea

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 8
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2014,1:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I heard that they wanted to build in albert lea but the city said no help will be given
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2014,2:39 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not sure I'm quite ready to believe that one yet.  :dunno:

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2014,3:09 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ Jul. 25 2014,2:39 pm)
I'm not sure I'm quite ready to believe that one yet.  :dunno:

John Deere dealer to close Albert Lea, Kiester buildings

June 16--John Deere dealer Kibble Equipment will shutter its locations in Albert Lea and Kiester and consolidate operations to Blue Earth and Minnesota Lake.

The Albert Lea location is slated to close Aug. 1, and the Kiester one is set for Nov. 1, said Kibble Equipment General Manager Butch Kibble.

Kibble Equipment is based in Montevideo and has plans to build a 48,000-square-foot dealership on the north side of Blue Earth. Work likely will begin later this month or early next month.

Kibble said the consolidation has less to do with sales and is more about being prepared for the long term, as farm implement dealers must get larger to deal with changes in agriculture technology and service.

"You are either going to be a dealer of the future or not," Kibble said.

Dealer consolidation has been steady in the ag world for the past decade, and John Deere, according to the Wall Street Journal and the trade publication Farm Equipment, has been a pioneer in the trend, urging dealers to bulk up or cash out. Among the farm brands, Deere has the most dealers in North America, though there are fewer and fewer small owners.

A clear driver, the media stories note, is that as farms get bigger there are fewer farmers on the land, so the implement dealers have followed suit. They also say, as farms specialize, it has created the need for dealers to specialize, and that's easier for dealers with greater inventory to accomplish.

Influencing the decision, Kibble said, was that other John Deere dealers were in close proximity. Ag Power operates one in Hollandale and another in Northwood. Not far away in Austin is Sema Equipment.

Besides John Deere, other farm implement dealers in or near Albert Lea are Titan Machinery on East Main Street offering New Holland products and Arnold's Case-International Harvester in Alden

--------------
9 replies since Jun. 12 2014,8:57 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Kibbles closing
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon