[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: county market, closeing< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2014,1:46 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

anybody hear that they are closeing
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2014,3:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They are closing on May 17, and this is not a rumor. It is confirmed on their Facebook page, as well as by employees in the store.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 3
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 17 2014,4:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Poor people grocery shop at Walmart. Old people grocery shop at Hy-Vee. This is why we can't have nice things.

The Pixar movie Wall-E's spoof of Walmart (Buy n Large) was spot on. It's the idiocratic direction we're headed. Hy-Vee's days are numbered, too. Wait and see...

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,7:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Botto 82 @ Apr. 17 2014,4:27 pm)
Poor people grocery shop at Walmart. Old people grocery shop at Hy-Vee. This is why we can't have nice things.

The Pixar movie Wall-E's spoof of Walmart (Buy n Large) was spot on. It's the idiocratic direction we're headed. Hy-Vee's days are numbered, too. Wait and see...

I hope not. I like Hy-Vee. Their prices are better than Nelson's (for regular priced items), and you don't have to watch the expiration dates as closely. For every one item I've had to return to Hy-Vee because it was past the expiration date, I've had to return five at Nelson's. I think Nelson's was trying to hard to be a Byerly's in a Pamida-quality building.

I loathe Walmart's grocery section. Their prices aren't much better than Hy-Vee's (if at all), they have less of a selection, and the products are inferior because some of their suppliers make a Walmart version to meet their pricing demands.

God help us all when Walmart is the only game in town.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 5
Whiskero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,8:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was on Channel 6 news last night.  We have always shopped at Nelson's and really like their prices and their location. Hopefully some other grocery store will come in.  Maybe a Cashwise?
 Post Number: 6
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,8:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've mostly shopped at Nelson's for years.  Even now a shop there some.  Mostly because of convenience of location.  Canned goods is canned goods.  I've never had a problem with expirations.  I've bought most of my meats from Conger for years so that isn't an issue.  Where I've found Nelson excels is in the fresh produce section.  Maybe not as wide a selection, but the quality seems better.  Parking isn't ever an problem at Nelson's either.  It's usually a royal pain at Hy-Vee.  Walmart is seldom a desire for groceries for me.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,9:32 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I guess each store has some benefits over the others. I only live a mile from Nelson's, so it's much closer to my house than Hy-Vee. I did stop there if I only needed one or two items. For the things I buy, I've had a better experience at Hy-Vee, for freshness and price. Anyway, maybe we'll get another one in there. If that's the case, I'll give them a day in court, because it's so much closer than Hy-Vee. Walmart is only an option if I'm already stopping for household goods not available anywhere else, and even then it's only one or two grocery items.

--------------
 Post Number: 8
Whiskero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,11:13 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Farway (spelling?) Foods bought out Nelson's in Faribault a few years ago. Who knows?
 Post Number: 9
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,11:59 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think these places like Wally World and Target are going to eventually put the regular grocery stores out of business.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 10
stardust17 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 18 2014,8:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Now the Slavemart no-minds can swallow the bitter fruit of seeds they planted.

Remember the days of at least five or six grocery stores...and there was actual competition and sales.

Boycott Slavemart!
22 replies since Apr. 17 2014,1:46 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply county market
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon