[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 1012345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Workers in Tennesee REJECT, No union here< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2014,7:19 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wow, I was thinking the UAW might have made a little progress at the Volkswagen plant, guess not. It looks like they got their ass kicked.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...s-union

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2014,7:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

good thinking men :clap:
 Post Number: 3
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2014,7:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree, good job on rejecting the POS union.  :clap:

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 4

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2014,7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We're going straight to "Moparman, Expat and Grassman" hell for this :rofl:

Well, just "Moparman and Grassman" hell for me, Expat still has me on "double secret probation"  :thumbsup:

--------------

Post Number: 5
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2014,11:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was reading an article just the other day about the danger that is threatening the wolves on Isle Royale.

The wolf pack is in need of a new influx of members in their pack to maintain the herd because of all the inbreeding.  Otherwise they could become extinct.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 15 2014,2:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Inbreeding?
Not gonna touch that. :D

--------------

Post Number: 7
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2014,5:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 8
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 16 2014,7:27 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(MADDOG @ Feb. 15 2014,11:01 am)
I was reading an article just the other day about the danger that is threatening the wolves on Isle Royale.

The wolf pack is in need of a new influx of members in their pack to maintain the herd because of all the inbreeding.  Otherwise they could become extinct.

Take a lunch. :D

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 9
pepi-lapew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 17 2014,9:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well exp. as usual you are so far left, you dont know what you are talking about. I they accepted that crap they would lose $3.00 an hour ,so they would be in line with the union thugs in Detroit  I would not voted for it either!
 Post Number: 10
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 17 2014,9:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Gotta love the way expat's video starts out.  Now we have a VW plant in Tennessee and some of the workers are thinking about joining the union and that makes sense because then their pay would be higher.

From the WSJ
The works council concept also proved a winner for some Chattanooga workers. Jonathan Walden, 39 years old, earns about $19.50 an hour—about $4 an hour more than starting workers at GM, Ford and Chrysler.

"I just don't trust them," said Danielle Brunner, 23, who has worked at the plant for nearly three years and makes about $20 an hour—about $5 an hour more than new hires at GM, Ford and Chrysler plants.

The humorous thing is that
the union had the cooperation of Volkswagen management and the aid of Germany's powerful IG Metall union, yet it failed to win a majority among the plants 1,550 hourly workers.

The Chattanooga workers had been courted steadily for nearly two years by both the UAW and the IG Metall union, which pushed Volkswagen management to open talks with the UAW and to refrain from trying to dissuade American workers from union representation.

"The union needs new members. They have to organize the transplants or they don't have much of a future," said Sean McAlinden, chief economist at the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor, Mich.

The election was also extraordinary because Volkswagen chose to cooperate closely with the UAW. Volkswagen allowed UAW organizers to campaign inside the factory—a step rarely seen in this or other industries.

WSJ

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
90 replies since Feb. 15 2014,7:19 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 1012345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Workers in Tennesee REJECT
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon