» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Stadium woes?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,5:33 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2013...stadium

Seems we might have a bit of a dilemma here, will Ziggy and company be able to come up with the $477 billion needed for their share of the Vikings stadium?

I can almost see it coming, "please kind and gentle (gullible) taxpapayers of Minn, we need more money" Ziggy has run into a little snag, his past is catching up with him.

Couple this with the possibility that we might come up short with our share

http://politicsinminnesota.com/2013...n-smoke

A fine time to be a football fan in Mn :sarcasm:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,6:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Lester Bagley came on KFAN on friday and assured us all that this will not affect the Wilf's portion of the financing....

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 3
alcitizens Search for posts by this member.
Albert Lea

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,7:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Aug. 25 2013,5:33 am)

Seems we might have a bit of a dilemma here, will Ziggy and company be able to come up with the $477 billion needed for their share of the Vikings stadium?

I can almost see it coming, "please kind and gentle (gullible) taxpapayers of Minn, we need more money" Ziggy has run into a little snag, his past is catching up with him.

$477 MILLION not Billion.. :oops:
 Post Number: 4
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,8:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't think the tax payer should even blink at this. Look, we built the Twins a new stadium and just look at the success they have proven! :sarcasm:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 5
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,9:57 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I am not necessarily a proponent of publicly financed stadiums, however, at least with the new viking stadium it will be like the Metrodome in that when the Vikes don't play it will be used for other events and thus bringing in more revenue to the state in the form of taxes, etc...
Had they made an outdoor stadium it really limits what you can in the winter months.
I am a fan of the Vikes playing outdoors again, but since this was publicly financed I can at least appreciate some of the wisdom in doing a covered stadium if they could not get a retractable roof.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,12:55 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(alcitizens @ Aug. 25 2013,7:57 am)

(Self-Banished @ Aug. 25 2013,5:33 am)

$477 MILLION not Billion.. :oops:

Sorry about that buttercup, my mistake but when it comes to gov, millions, billions, Or in the case of the Feds, trillions, it's all good, it's other people's money. :thumbsup:

--------------

Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 25 2013,4:22 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Aug. 25 2013,6:57 am)
Lester Bagley came on KFAN on friday and assured us all that this will not affect the Wilf's portion of the financing...

No offense but does Lester look like this?

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------

6 replies since Aug. 25 2013,5:33 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Stadium woes?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon