Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: School board seeks levy renewal, The dreaded 7 year itch< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
binanca Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2013,1:02 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just once it would be nice if a financial director/manager could actually live within their means and/or even maybe plan a budget and actually stick to it.... :dunno: and if it doesn't balance out then maybe make some wise decisions and cut some "fluff" like the rest of us have to. There seemed to be some broken promises the last go round, I wonder what will be on the "chopping block/threat list" this time. :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2013,2:40 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It won't be in administration or non-classified personnel, just my "educated" guess.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 3
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 20 2013,8:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Funny thing is that no matter where you live, if they lose they just get on a ballot again in an off year.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 4
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,10:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Much of it goes back to the problem, no, the big problem with public sector unions.  Even that dose of a president FDR knew that the rise of public sector unions would decimate economies.  Look at Detroit or San Bernardino and Stockton.  Look what happened to Greece when their public sector gained the upper hand to control things.  In Minnesota, two of the biggest dangers to the states' future economy are AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union) and AFT (American Federation of Teachers union.)

Private unions are not the huge threat like the public ones.  Public unions threaten our children, welfare and safety,  and the union bosses use those threat quite effectively to scare the public into submission.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 5
Memphis Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,10:43 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They need the levy for their in house clinic!!!
 Post Number: 6
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 22 2013,2:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The article doesn't say why the reason for the renewal.  :dunno:   But of course they don't want to lose what they have reaped from the taxpayer.

All it says is that because of changes in state policies, taxpayers should see a small decrease in taxes.  I don't recall how much this levy is costing homeowners now?  :dunno:   Sounds like a chance to make up a little of the taxes the county board is peeling from you in wheelage taxes.  :beer:

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 7
Twiggs50 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 23 2013,11:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's probably to pay for the new furniture and carpet they're getting at Brookside.

I'll be voting "NO" for sure. They waste way too much money on unimportant things, it's not for the good of the kids, believe me.
 Post Number: 8
jaaah Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2013,7:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, it does benefit kids.  Volunteer in a classroom and you'll see how awesome all the staff does with kids.  It isn't hard to volunteer contact the district office.  It is very rewarding and you will make a difference in the life of a child.  Instead of complaining about schools, work with the schools!
 Post Number: 9
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 28 2013,12:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Weren't some of the budget cuts that necessitated this referendum recently restored?

I am legitimately asking this question, not saying. I thought that Dayton had restored some of the cuts to education funding (or at least indicated that he would). If that is indeed the case, why would we extend the referendum? The district would have their funding from the state restored.

Or would they view the ending of a referendum as a loss of revenue, even with the restorations? Do they figure that we are already used to being taxed that amount anyway, so we shouldn't really miss it if the funding continues?

Either way, the problem isn't with the funding. It's with the education industry budgeting their money. About 50 percent of our tax money goes to education. How much of that money actually makes its way into the classroom where it makes a difference?

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 10
pepi-lapew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 07 2013,10:23 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I used to volunteer at one of the schools untill they decided that they needed to know my income, and a bunch of other things. Thats when I said it was enough.
23 replies since Aug. 20 2013,1:02 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply School board seeks levy renewal
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon