Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Bachmann Threatens to leave MN, If marriage equality passes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,2:25 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Michele Bachmann threatens to leave Minnesota if equal marriage bill passes

by Joseph Patrick McCormick
13 May 2013, 7:25pm

Republican Michele Bachmann, has threatened to leave the US state of Minnesota, if its Senate votes to legalise equal marriage today.

A member of the US House of Representatives for Minnesota, Bachmann has threatened to leave the state, if equal marriage were to become law.

Speaking to local television station KSTP-TV this morning Bachmann said: ”Homosexuality is a sin, and God will punish communities that support it.

“Sodom and Gomorrah thought they could defy the will of God – and we all know what happened to them. If the governor signs this legislation into law the Minneapolis-St. Paul region will be next.

“I have a friend from Eden Prairie who’s already packed everything she owns into her car and is driving out to Montana as we speak. These are very scary times. I don’t want my family to be the last ones out.”

Today the Senate in the US state of Minnesota is to vote on a bill to legalise equal marriage. Leaders in the Senate have already said they had already gathered enough votes to pass the bill.

If the bill passes in the Senate on Monday, Democratic Governor Mark Dayton could sign it into law as early as this week, and same-sex weddings could begin to take place in August.

The House of Representatives in the US state of Minnesota passed the bill to legalise equal marriage on Thursday, with a clear majority in favour.

The final vote was 75 to 59, following a two-hour debate around the issue. It will now move to the Senate, which will take up the issue on Monday.

Among the opposition was Republican Representative Peggy Scott, who said she was brought to tears by the prospect of same-sex couples being allowed to marry.

Leading up to the vote, thousands of supporters and opponents of equal marriage gathered outside the House. During the debate, opponents to the measure argued that it was “not the time” for the measure, but its proponents denied they were “destroying” marriage, and said they were to “uphold it for all”.

In November 2012, Minnesotan voters avoided a constitutional ban on marriage equality, and pro-equality campaigners have since stepped up efforts to push for equal marriage to be legalised.

A group opposed to equal marriage in the state has pledged half a million dollars to defeat any Republican legislator voting to legalise marriage equality.

On 6 November, voters in Minnesota voted ‘no’ on Amendment 1, a constitutional amendment that would have defined marriage as being a union solely between a man and a woman.

Article

A Republican, lecturing on the will of God, and sin... :crazy:

How's that whole, "That which you do to the least of My brethren..." thing working out?  :rofl:

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,2:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

...and she'll be flying Through the Eye of a Needle Airlines.  :p

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 3
nedkelly Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Michelle Bachman leaving MN? How could we get so lucky? So long Michelle we will not miss you!!!!!!!! :rockon:
 Post Number: 4
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,3:03 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I left MN and I have zero interest of ever returning.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
Banacek Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,3:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where did you go?
 Post Number: 6
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,3:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Where it doesn't snow.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
Banacek Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,3:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wiil God punish ALL the people if the majority of the community supports it? Even church going folks who didn't support it?

God must be very angry and vindictive. You can worship him your whole life and he will punish you for what your neighbor did. Is this a God we all want to follow?
 Post Number: 8
Twiggs50 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,4:21 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Can we get her promise to leave in writing? "Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave Michelle!"
 Post Number: 9
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,5:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Banacek @ May 13 2013,3:46 pm)
Wiil God punish ALL the people if the majority of the community supports it? Even church going folks who didn't support it?

God must be very angry and vindictive. You can worship him your whole life and he will punish you for what your neighbor did. Is this a God we all want to follow?

I seriously hope no one taught you that.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 10
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: May 13 2013,5:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'd move but the fishing's too good :D

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
15 replies since May 13 2013,2:25 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Bachmann Threatens to leave MN
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon