[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Daytime Running Lights< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,8:17 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Really?
With all the crap that is going on in the state you feel that this piece of legislation is that important?

Mandatroy Daytime Running Lights

I know GM has been having this on their vehicles for years, and to be completely honest, I don't notice cars with lights on during the day any more than the ones that don't.
Another waste of time and taxpayer money at a feel good law that does nothing.

I am embarrassed I even voted for her.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Rosalind_Swenson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,9:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree. Completely stupid legislation. Sounds so stupid and fishy I went snooping. All this might be just coincidence. Crazy coincidences happen quite often in the government and corporate world.
This representative is from Mankato. So is the CEO of GM.
http://mankatofreepress.com/local...Mankato

GM has been pushing for mandatory DRL's for a long time.
In late 2001, General Motors (GM) submitted a petition for rulemaking
that asked NHTSA to mandate DRLs on new vehicles.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2004-03-19/html/04-6208.htm

Because of the TARP bailout there is a cap on executive compensation at GM. Right now there's a dispute over the CEO's pay.
http://www.usatoday.com/story...1948305

Akerson personally asked Geithner to remove the restrictions last year, but he denied the request.

It certainly would give GM a boost if DRL's are mandatory.

--------------
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
 Post Number: 3
White Pride Search for posts by this member.
weißer Stolz

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,1:51 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I disagree.. even though you don't think you notice the cars with DRL, you subconsciously are more aware that they are there.  DRL needs to be made mandatory on all new vehicles.  The added cost is nil.  With the longevity of headlamps these days, costs to consumers is also negligible.  My only complaint is when DRL is on all the time, instead of when the transmission is in drive.  They should only be on when the vehicle is in motion.  I have my reasons, and they aren't big, but they are important to me.

--------------
Dr. Pride here

I'm an ENGLISH speaking white GERMAN-AMERICAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT!

What bothers people more... the fact others disagree w/them, or that the others just might be right after all?

If you're being stupid, acting stupid, or just plain stupid, I will not hesitate to let u know!
 Post Number: 4
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,6:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Once again it is the actions of some that need to be guided by the hand, to implement law, for everyone. I myself have to drive in snowstorms. I have actually called the local radio station to tell drivers to put their stinkin lights on. Dusk and dawn is another one. It is still dark out but people are going to show how daring, stupid or I don't know. :angry:

--------------
git er done!
 Post Number: 5
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,6:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My last two tractors have had DRL the oldest being a 2003 Mack. But I would have to say I'm indifferent to the subject.

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 6
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,7:39 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

lights wont help anything get the dumb ass drivers off the road
 Post Number: 7
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,8:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

While I agree there are times for the lights, and for the record I am really good about turning them on snow/rainstorms, my real point was that there is a mountain of other things wrong in this state and this is what she chooses to push forward?
Same can be said at a national level, but I guess the trickle down theory works for stupid legislation too.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 8
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,8:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

How would day time running lights help GM? You should seriously consider some professional help when you start connecting day time running lights legislation to executive compensation at GM. :crazy:

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
Rosalind_Swenson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,8:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Feb. 28 2013,8:24 am)

How would day time running lights help GM? You should seriously consider some professional help when you start connecting day time running lights legislation to executive compensation at GM. :crazy:

It would help GM since they would have more of a jump than their competition since all of the vehicles they've made since the 90's have already had DRL's equipped. Some of the competition does, but not every one on every vehicle.
And since GM has been pushing legislation for mandatory DRL's for so long, it would look good for this guy who's only been the CEO for 2 or 3 years to get it implemented so quickly.
And I most definitely agree with:
While I agree there are times for the lights, and for the record I am really good about turning them on snow/rainstorms, my real point was that there is a mountain of other things wrong in this state and this is what she chooses to push forward?

--------------
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
 Post Number: 10
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2013,8:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

On my vehicle I can disable the Daytime running light feature, just by a flick of a switch.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
26 replies since Feb. 27 2013,8:17 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Daytime Running Lights
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon