Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Funk interview s next Tuesday, St. Cloud superintendent opening< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2013,2:26 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Supt. Funk wants the job of Superintendent of the St. Cloud schools.  According to the AL Trib one of the reasons for his interest is that St. Cloud is his wife's hometown.

Interesting in hearing opinions...

--------------
metis movement
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 23 2013,3:10 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If it improves his life and he's happy, then good for him.
 Post Number: 3
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013,12:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And like the bid for Roch,  this one will likely die quietly with not another word said. Either that,  or we will be gifted with an opportunity to get a Super in that cares for the kids...instead of teaching a test.

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
 Post Number: 4
ALAngst Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 26 2013,8:50 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(ControlledHyperness @ Feb. 26 2013,12:05 pm)
And like the bid for Roch,  this one will likely die quietly with not another word said.

In his interview, how does he explain the poor performance of Albert Lea schools?
 Post Number: 5
emtofficer Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,4:21 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They don't sound too enamored with our great leader :sarcasm:

http://www.sctimes.com/article...istrict
 Post Number: 6
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,8:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Robert Johnson from St. Cloud can kiss my ass!!!!

This guy is what's wrong with our country.

I wasn’t impressed with him,” community member Robert Johnson said. “He lacks experience in areas that are in great need in the district. He’s not familiar nor demonstrated experience in those areas.”

Some of the areas Funk appeared to be lacking, Johnson said, were experiences in issues concerning diversity and closing the achievement gap.

Closing the achievement gap?? Are you flipping kidding me?? Let me guess, his kid got or gets crap grades and it is the school's fault.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
jrhanson_75 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,11:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You can tell that this family is not making roots here.  This is the 2 time he has tried to move in the 4 years he has been here.  We need someone who is invested in our community.  I know change isn't always good but I will be glad when he moves on.
This is just my personal opinion.

--------------
:)
 Post Number: 8
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,1:05 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jrhanson_75 @ Feb. 27 2013,11:37 am)
You can tell that this family is not making roots here.  This is the 2 time he has tried to move in the 4 years he has been here.  We need someone who is invested in our community.  I know change isn't always good but I will be glad when he moves on.

Albert Lea is not a destination. It's a stop along the way. This goes for travelers on the Interstates as well as people on their career path.

That is how we are viewed, and it isn't going to change.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 9
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,1:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

1.  The St. Cloud article says Funk is the commander of the 175th Regional Training Institute of the MN Army National Guard.  Is that a part-time job?

2.  I wonder if the AL Trib will do a follow up interview with Funk.

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 10
Robert Hoffman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 27 2013,11:46 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(This is my real name @ Feb. 27 2013,1:05 pm)

(jrhanson_75 @ Feb. 27 2013,11:37 am)

Albert Lea is not a destination. It's a stop along the way. This goes for travelers on the Interstates as well as people on their career path.

That is how we are viewed, and it isn't going to change.

:clap:

--------------
A guy is in a hole & is yelling for "help!" A doctor walks by & writes a prescription. A preist walks by & says a prayer. Then a FRIEND jumps in the hole with him & the guy yells at his friend "You're down here with me now!" The friend says "SURE, but Ive been down before and I know the ways out!"
20 replies since Feb. 23 2013,2:26 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Funk interview s next Tuesday
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon