[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 3123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: National Pension System< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012,3:40 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I couldn't find a main stream news source to get an real info on this in the 10 minutes or so that I looked.
I don't know anything about the site I linked here but most of all the other typical anti-Obama sites quote this almost word for word.

National Pension System

Thoughts?  Or is this more overblown hysteria in a post election debacle where the Repub's got their ass handed to them?

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012,4:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Nov. 21 2012,3:40 pm)
I couldn't find a main stream news source to get an real info on this in the 10 minutes or so that I looked.
I don't know anything about the site I linked here but most of all the other typical anti-Obama sites quote this almost word for word.

National Pension System

Thoughts?  Or is this more overblown hysteria in a post election debacle where the Repub's got their ass handed to them?

This is nothing new, this has been talked about since the days of Reagan.

One thing I do get a kick out of this is; re-appropriating the $3.5 Trillion sitting in private retirement and spreading those funds around to Americans who are deemed less fortunate.

So, since some people cannot put money away for retirement, and will end up dirt poor when they retire, it is now the responsibility for those of us who put money away into retirement plans?  Frack that noise.  Not mine or any other persons responsibility.  All this will do is force people to take a hit on a penalty, and move their retirement funds to areas that will not be touched.

If a person does not have the foresight to put some money away, it is their fault and if they suffer because of it, then tough, deal with it.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012,6:28 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, let's see...

We ship jobs overseas on a wholesale basis,
College is all but out of reach for people of limited means,
Few non-post-secondary-education-required-type jobs pay doodley-squat,
The cost of living goes up faster than wage growth...

And you want to cast aspersions on poor people?

The government allowed most of this to happen. I don't have a problem with them having to clean up the resultant mess.

We need more jobs, and less greedy corporations who can't see the repercussions of their short-term-thinking policies, and the asshat politicians who kowtow to them, don'cha think?

Stop blaming the victims of failed economic policy, and start blaming the architects of it, K?

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 4
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 21 2012,7:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You're right our goddamn govt did help create quite the fiscal mess, but why should I or anybody else be on the hook for someone elses retirement?  I pay enough already in taxes, what is mine is mine.

I or nobody else should be punished because we had the foresight to put money into 401k / IRA's and if this seems "unfair" to some poor folk, well toughcrap.  Maybe some folk need to start living without some of the unneeded luxuries.

There is all of this hand wringing going on, about all of these poor people, that doesn't have this or that,  well what about us that plan for the future.  Again NOT my fault for the position they are in, nor is it my responsibility to bail them out or support / approve of some BS national pension fund.  Making us poorer does not help the poor, just adds more people to being poor.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012,8:14 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Botto 82 @ Nov. 21 2012,6:28 pm)
Well, let's see...

The government allowed most of this to happen. I don't have a problem with them having to clean up the resultant mess.

We need more jobs, and less greedy corporations who can't see the repercussions of their short-term-thinking policies, and the asshat politicians who kowtow to them, don'cha think?

Stop blaming the victims of failed economic policy, and start blaming the architects of it, K?

OH, WHINE SOME MORE !!

It's somebody else's fault I haven't advanced in life, :sarcasm:

The man's been holding me back, :sarcasm:

The system is rigged against me, :sarcasm:

IT'S NOT FAIR!!! :sarcasm:

From your comments I read between the lines and see some mid level programmer with a wife and two kids who thinks because they spent a boatload of time in post secondary a remarkable living is owed to them. I'm probably wrong or I'm right and you'd never admit it and I really don't give a sh!t.

At present and despite our commander in chiefs efforts our economy is set up to favor those that are innovative and aggressive. In other words it takes more than brains, it also takes a sets of balls to decide wether you are a hunter or a gatherer, a sheep or a wolf.

From what I see of you Botto, the term "wether" comes to mind. :p

To borrow from another poster here, "fortune favors the bold"

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 6
pepi-lapew Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012,8:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I learned young in life, if you want something in life you better work for it? I was a caddy at the golf course when I was 12 Because my parents couldnt afford things. So I worked so I could make money to buy some of my school clothes. And it wasnt all these $100 dollar jeans these BRATS think thay have to have so thay fit in with the rest of the misfits they run around with. And I tried to instill into my two sons the same thing, if you want something in life work for it. Dont except a hand out because its free. Just remember someone else paid for it!!!!
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012,9:08 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So very true Pepe, but sadly our nation has evolved to the point of "I exist therefore I'm entitled"

--------------

Post Number: 8
Blaze Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012,9:55 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We have put money away for our retirement but at the rate things are going, it's not going to be enough.  We just received our Proposed Property Tax for 2013.  Up 9.4%!  How does that compare with others?   And, I'm trying to remember why we gave the school district a blank check.
 Post Number: 9
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012,12:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Self-Banished @ Nov. 22 2012,8:14 am)

(Botto 82 @ Nov. 21 2012,6:28 pm)
Well, let's see...

OH, WHINE SOME MORE !!

It's somebody else's fault I haven't advanced in life, :sarcasm:

The man's been holding me back, :sarcasm:

The system is rigged against me, :sarcasm:

IT'S NOT FAIR!!! :sarcasm:

From your comments I read between the lines and see some mid level programmer with a wife and two kids who thinks because they spent a boatload of time in post secondary a remarkable living is owed to them. I'm probably wrong or I'm right and you'd never admit it and I really don't give a sh!t.

At present and despite our commander in chiefs efforts our economy is set up to favor those that are innovative and aggressive. In other words it takes more than brains, it also takes a sets of balls to decide wether you are a hunter or a gatherer, a sheep or a wolf.

From what I see of you Botto, the term "wether" comes to mind. :p

To borrow from another poster here, "fortune favors the bold"

Wow. I'm sensing a lot of anger here. Did you find out some unemployed guy was banging the wife while you were out on the road, or what?  :rofl:

I was simply speaking to the decline of educational and job opportunities in the course of my lifetime. You respond with third-grade ad hominem attacks. That's a really good way to win an argument, said no-one, ever.

Try again.

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 22 2012,9:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

^ Anger? No, just my usual contempt for whining, but from your response I must have hit pretty close to the mark :D

a national pension system, and I have heard this knocked around on the usual sites, haven't we tried this before? I do believe we have, started under Roosevelt, I wonder how that's working? :sarcasm:

By the way, keep those pseudo-cerebral thoughts coming, they are entertaining.  :p

--------------

21 replies since Nov. 21 2012,3:40 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 3123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply National Pension System
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon