[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Jail Administrator fired< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012,2:06 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why is it every time we fire someone they try to turn it into a federal lawsuit?

A former Freeborn County jail administrator terminated last month is alleging he did not receive a fair investigation locally and said Monday he plans to file federal civil litigation.

http://www.albertleatribune.com/2012...-biased

However, in an interview with Strom, Peña denied many of the accusations, describing them as a “witch hunt.” He said he was the last of Harig’s supporters and he felt the supporters of current Sheriff Bob Kindler were out to get rid of him.

“I don’t think Bob’s out there and saying, ‘Hey I need to burn this guy at the stake,’ but I think his supporters are coming to him,” Peña said.

He denied any of the sexual harassment allegations because no one ever told him to stop.

They never asked him to stop? Well, that changes everything..." :sarcasm:

“The people in this county, the taxpayers, need to question why was I in my office doing nothing and getting paid for it,” he said. “The reason is not that I didn’t have the ability. The problem is they took it away because Steve Westland was intimidated by what I can do, my performance.”

Peña said he felt “horrible” about sitting in his office without work to complete.

Let me guess, they were afraid to fire him because he might file a Federal Civil rights lawsuit so they sat him in an office all day and gave him enough rope to hang himself. ???

It's funny how people develop a conscience once they're fired.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012,2:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Life in Po'dunk land. :rofl:

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Funkadelic Zombie Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012,3:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The things so far I see so far is administration failing to fire an employee sexually harassing fellow employees that equals a BIG LAWSUIT.

Person in question of questionable character filing a lawsuit to protect his own butt.

In the end who was the supervisor of the questionable person, looks like management failed to take any corrective action this smells like the good ol boy club.

In the end the taxpayers are going to be the big losers because somebody is going to get paid it's a matter of how much.

--------------
The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato  

Nancy Pelosi..."dissent the highest form of patriotism"

Obama LIED people DIED

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
 Post Number: 4
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012,4:41 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm sure they'll get paid about as much as nurse that sued the county.

I'd predict there's nobody getting paid out of this and Pena won't even hire a lawyer.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
Funkadelic Zombie Hunter Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 02 2012,5:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Oct. 02 2012,4:41 pm)
I'm sure they'll get paid about as much as nurse that sued the county.

I'd predict there's nobody getting paid out of this and Pena won't even hire a lawyer.

I hope you are right about somebody not hitting the jail lottery because this just blows my mind where else could that happen but here, anywhere else somebody would have been fired.

--------------
The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato  

Nancy Pelosi..."dissent the highest form of patriotism"

Obama LIED people DIED

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
 Post Number: 6
sumpdump Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012,5:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Looks to me Kindler is doing a decent job at cleaning up the good ol boys club. No more favorites, and deputies are expected to do the job.

Mark who....?

--------------
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
 Post Number: 7
Self-Banished Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 03 2012,6:24 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^ as a past poster on this site named him "jabba the bowlcut" :D

--------------
:D Remember boys and girls,

Don’t be a Dick :D

Or a “Wayne” :oops:
 Post Number: 8
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 04 2012,9:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The investigation into fired Freeborn County jail administrator Marcellino Peña began after a 19-year-old woman reportedly walked off the job in June.

The investigation report alleges Peña, 45, put on a latex glove and told her he had to conduct a physical exam on her since she had called in sick the shift before. Her supervisor said she assumed that instead of putting up with it, the employee quit.

More than a dozen employees interviewed as part of an investigation into Peña’s actions at the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office said they felt threatened, intimidated or sexually harassed by the administrator. In response, he told investigators he had not performed any work in the past 18 months. As for the glove incident, he said his girlfriend, who also worked at the jail, was present. Peña told investigators she grabbed the latex glove and made “a joking gesture.”
Tribune, Report:  Fired jailer harassed women

Here's his letter supporting Harig a couple years ago if you want to hear more about his opinions regarding integrity.

Changes have been made to improve the department and the service we provide. Unfortunately, some employees do not embrace change and have the typical entitlement mentality of what is in it for them. Sheriff Harig works for you the citizen, not the individual wants and needs of the employees.
Letter to the Editor:  Sheriff Harig is a man of integrity

One thing I'll agree with him about, apparently he was right about some at the jail not embracing change and having an entitlement mentality of what is in it for them.   :oops:

I don't see that lawsuit going anywhere.  Although this is probably why lawyers tell their clients not to talk to the press.  He admitted all of the bad stuff they've said about him in the investigation, his only defense is that people didn't tell him not to sexually harass the employees and that he sat in an office all day doing nothing for a year and a half, but it's only because his performance was so darn good that's all they let him do.   :dunce:

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 9
busybee Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 05 2012,1:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does anyone remember that Pena was originally hired by Sheriff Harig as a Freeborn County Deputy?  My children and I remember this fact more than anyone else will ever know or understand...
 Post Number: 10
sumpdump Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Oct. 08 2012,5:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

:soapbox:

--------------
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
11 replies since Oct. 02 2012,2:06 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Jail Administrator fired
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon