[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Middle East, Confusion confusion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Rosalind_Swenson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012,11:00 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok, what is really going on with all of this? Is anyone else confused by some things?
The video began attracting attention in the Egyptian news media, including the broadcast of offensive scenes on Egyptian television last week. At that point, American diplomats in Cairo informed the State Department of the festering outrage in the days before the Sept. 11 anniversary, said a person briefed on their concerns. But officials in Washington declined to address or disavow the video, this person said.

Days before the attack on the embassy the video was known about and the State Department warned of muslim outrage over it, but the Benghazi embassy only had four security camers and four libyan guards??

Interviewed at the scene on Tuesday night, many attackers and those who backed them said they were determined to defend their faith from the video’s insults. Some recalled an earlier episode when protesters in Benghazi had burned down the Italian consulate after an Italian minister had worn a T-shirt emblazoned with cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad. Ten people were reportedly killed in clashes with Colonel Qaddafi’s police force.

What?? Who interviewed them?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012...ted=all

First all the news said there was a protest at the embassy and awhile later the embassy was attacked? Then it says there was no protest before the attack?

Ok, I was going to quote and link from alot of different news sources with all the conflicting and changing stories, but this is such a mess it's giving me a headache. it's more than obvious that  this Libyan thing is one of the fishiest things to have happened in awhile. Anyone else trying to keep track of this thing?

And now today a magazine in France has printed insulting cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed?

--------------
And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012,11:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

These idiots have been warring with each other for 2000 years.  Why we are even there is beyond me.  Pull everyone out and let them figure it out themselves.
With any luck they will all kill themselves and the world will be a better place.  Killing in the name of ANY religion is pure idiocy.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012,11:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Sep. 19 2012,11:25 am)
 Killing in the name of ANY religion is pure idiocy.

I agree, but how can you even be sure it was muslims that did this in Libya? Have you checked any of those 911 links and what any of those highly credible people say? Not saying the American government actually did the work on 911, but you have to realize that for whatever reason, there are alot of lies and holes in the official story of what happened. And there are alot of credible people risking everything to make people aware of that fact.

--------------
 Post Number: 4
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 19 2012,11:54 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't care if it were muslims or catholics or (insert religion here).
Get us out of there.  Let them kill each other.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012,8:48 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Sep. 19 2012,11:54 am)
Get us out of there.  Let them kill each other.

We are led to believe that the middle east is full of people running around with either bombs strapped to their bodies or toting around machine guns shooting everything up, and forcing women to cover themselves from head to toe. That's not what those countries are like (for the most part)

According to the UN the USA has a higher homicide rate than Israel, The UAE, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Afghanistan, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
'
I'm not saying those countries don't have problems. I wouldn't want to live there. I'd like to visit that area at some point in the future. I'm just saying that most of those countries are nothing like we have been conditioned to think they are.  

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2htm...web.pdf

--------------
 Post Number: 6
blahblahblah Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012,7:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Rosalind_Swenson @ Sep. 19 2012,11:00 am)
Days before the attack on the embassy the video was known about and the State Department warned of muslim outrage over it, but the Benghazi embassy only had four security camers and four libyan guards??

I believe Benghazi is a consulate not an embassy.  That might explain the lower level of security.  The embassy I believe is located in Tripoli.  The question I have heard asked is why was the ambassador travelling to a higher risk location on the anniversary of 9/11?

As for confusing news reports I think a lot of people are mixing up the different situations.  It's possible that what happened in Egypt is a protest and what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.  Allegedly the Benghazi "protest" was much smaller and started not too long before the attack.

If most or all the U.S. personnel were killed, then the facts might be hard to come by since only the attackers and potentially scared witnesses would be left.

Those are my thoughts anyway, but then MSNBC was my primary source on this.
 Post Number: 7
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012,8:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Obummer administration would like you to believe this was all a result of a youtube video.  Pahleaze...

I can't tell you how oftem I heard the "official" AP news reporting on this
he past week that this all because of the video.  B.S.  That's the press release from the White House and they run with it as if it's the Gospel without ever investigating it.

Now we know it was planned well in advanced and coordinated to boot.

When you have braggarts consistently touting that Obama killed one of their apostles...what do you expect.
 Post Number: 8

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012,9:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(blahblahblah @ Sep. 20 2012,7:36 pm)

(Rosalind_Swenson @ Sep. 19 2012,11:00 am)

I believe Benghazi is a consulate not an embassy.  That might explain the lower level of security.  The embassy I believe is located in Tripoli.  The question I have heard asked is why was the ambassador travelling to a higher risk location on the anniversary of 9/11?

As for confusing news reports I think a lot of people are mixing up the different situations.  It's possible that what happened in Egypt is a protest and what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.  Allegedly the Benghazi "protest" was much smaller and started not too long before the attack.

If most or all the U.S. personnel were killed, then the facts might be hard to come by since only the attackers and potentially scared witnesses would be left.

Those are my thoughts anyway, but then MSNBC was my primary source on this.

I'm trying to do too many things at once and not doing a very good job at any of them.

If you get a chance, read as many different news reports about it as you can. The whole thing is so fishy.

The question I have heard asked is why was the ambassador travelling to a higher risk location on the anniversary of 9/11?

Yes, that's one of the fishy things, and especially after diplomats in Egypt warned the US of potential unrest. Some reports say he was in the area to attend the opening of an American Cultural Center in Tripoli?? Why the hell  is an American Cultural Center being put in Libya? Tellin ya, everything having to do with this is fishy.

I can't tell you how oftem I heard the "official" AP news reporting on this
he past week that this all because of the video.  B.S.  That's the press release from the White House and they run with it as if it's the Gospel without ever investigating it.

And most mainstream news are STILL saying it was because of the video. Do any main stream journalists really do any sort of investigating any more? Most just report what they are told.- Or they get in trouble for trying to report on things the Powers That Be don't want them to.
So far the protests over the French cartoon have been peaceful.

Now a German magazine plans on doing an insulting cartoon of Mohammed.

--------------
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 20 2012,10:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Seen the new ads that will be in some NY subways and buses? Sorry I don't know how to post pictures so ya gotta click the link.
http://www.businessinsider.com/this-an...-2012-9

--------------
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Sep. 21 2012,5:52 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

It just seems to me that some people are trying their hardest to get muslims all riled up and outraged. I wouldn't be surprised if Israel was to announce that they are taking back Dome of The Rock to demolish it and build their third temple.

--------------
16 replies since Sep. 19 2012,11:00 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Middle East
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon