[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 41234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Albert Lea Tribune< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Blackdog Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,10:37 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Our local newspaper (Albert Lea Tribune) is absolutely pathetic.

First off they have news in there thats over a week old. Same articles in there day after day. Nothing changes.

Second, If you look in todays convictions they have Adam Christensons name in there for DWI conviction.HE DIED! In a automobile accident a couple weeks ago. I can t beleive this!!! OMG!!!! Idiots!!!!

Im sure that little weasel up there at the tribune has alot to do with it.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
twingroves Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,11:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

the trib is always saying that the paper is the same price as it was  5 years ago and that everthing else has gone up   look at the paper it is smaller and there is nothing in it except 2 day old news
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,11:15 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Two day old news.Man ive seen 5 day old news
 Post Number: 4
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,11:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not arguing that there isn't much in the Tribune. I'm in agreement on that.

The only thing I will defend is running the DUI conviction. They print all of them, so as not to exclude any. Convictions are sent as a huge list to the Tribune by the courts. They most likely don't pore over every name to see whose it is, and obits are a different department than news releases like convictions, anyway. If you look at the dates on the convicitons, they're usually a month or so before that day's news. The list was probably sent after the guy died. I highly doubt there was any malice intended there - just unfortunate timing.

But as for how skinny the paper is - absolutely true. The only day I even buy the paper is Sunday, and that's more to have a leisure breakfast while reading the paper than for any other reason. I don't miss it the weeks I don't buy it. The Sunday edition is barely worth 50 cents, let alone the daily edition.

Their circulation numbers must be way down, on that note. Remember a week or so when their editorial basically an advertisement for the print edition, because there was so much more in the print version?

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,11:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i used a lot of it when i moved wraping dishes in it
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,12:12 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

True Story

Guy is walking out work yesterday with a Sundays paper.I say are you going home to read that.He says hell no, so and so brings it in to me thinking there doing me a favor.

Says he gives it to his neighbor for some kind of packaging.
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

some favor
 Post Number: 8
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,12:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(twingroves @ Jul. 25 2012,11:46 am)
i used a lot of it when i moved wraping dishes in it

It's good for placing on the floor along the wall when you're painting, too. More absorbent than plastic, so it dries a little faster.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,12:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

starting brush piles one fire to
 Post Number: 10
grassman Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 25 2012,1:51 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I used to deliver 137 of those little rascals a day. Got me my first mini-bike. :thumbsup:  You know, that was when kids worked.

--------------
git er done!
35 replies since Jul. 25 2012,10:37 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 41234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Albert Lea Tribune
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon