Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Cut Grass From Lawns, Blown into the street turning lake green< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2004,11:50 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok you know who you are you set in those county commish. meetings STOP IT.

Councilor Randy Erdman informed the council that members of the community need to cease blowing grass into the street. He said the lake is beginning to turn green and copper sulfate treatments will have no effect until the grass problem is resolved. "Lake clean-up is everybody's responsibility," he said. The council considered budgeting more for street sweeping next year.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2004,12:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It didn't sound like Erdman even knew there was a law against this at last Monday's council meeting.  Some one, I won't mention who, told the council it's in the city code.

City Code, chapter 50, Article 1; code 1980, ss. 7.06, ch. 70; sec.50-5
©            Dumping in streets. It is a misdemeanor for any person to throw, place or dump or cause to be placed, thrown or deposited in any street or any other public place any nails, dirt, glass, tin cans, metal scraps, garbage, leaves, grass or tree limbs, shreds or rubbish, oil, grease, automotive antifreeze or other petroleum products or to empty any water containing salt or other injurious chemical thereon. It is a violation of this subsection to haul any such material, not adequately enclosed or covered, thereby permitting the material to fall upon the streets.

(d)            Continuing violation. Each day that any person continues in violation of this section shall be a separate offense and punishable as such.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2004,12:15 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

$250,000 a year budgeted for the Watershed District this year, yet in their 163 page report, they don't mention ANY sources of pollution.  I guess the intent must be to keep everybody pointing fingers at each other, instead of getting together to actually DO something about the problem.

This problem has long been identified--why was it not in the Watershed Board lake profile?

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 4
Tassie Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2004,7:54 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

When was the last time you heard of anyone being ticketed for blowing grass in the street? What good is a law if it isn't enforced?Why have laws if we aren't going to enforce them?  ???
 Post Number: 5
Spidey Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 17 2004,11:37 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Grass  clippings are not why the lakes are turning green
 Post Number: 6
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2004,8:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sorry to have to differ with you.  Grass clippings and leaves are a major contributor to the green scum in the lake.  pollutants

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 7
farouk Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2004,8:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And so are dog droppings!
 Post Number: 8
hoosier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2004,9:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The water shed board isnt going to clean the lake up any faster than the city or county would have. What have they done so far except talk? They have a quarter of a million dollars, the ability to tax for any amount they want, and what have they done since they have started over a year ago?
O, sorry, forgot, they did decide that they cared so much about our lakes that they would all need to be paid to volenteer. They are nothing but another government agency made to look like its the people. Once they decided to pay themselves, they lost my support.

About the grass, I agree. But, you dont want all nutrients to stop reaching the lakes. Lake weeds might be a bother to boaters, but it is very good for fish reproduction and growth. We dont have a weed problem in Fountain or AL lake. Go up to Cedar or Shields lake just 60 miles north of here, they hve problems with the lakes being to fertule. Good fishing.  :D

--------------
The power of accurate obsvervation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw

The devil begins with froth on the lips of an angel entering into battle for a holy and just cause.  Grigory Pomerants

We have crossed the boundary that lies between Republic and Empire.  Garet Garrett
 Post Number: 9
Tiger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2004,9:31 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hoosier, I was just a Shields Lake two weeks ago and the fishing wasn't good at all.  I hear it is a good bass lake but the weeds were too thick plus it didn't help that the carp were spawning and stirring up the shallow water where the bass like to hang out.  My Dad went last year though and said it was great.  I guess we just picked the wrong weekend to go.  Happy Fishing!
 Post Number: 10
Tiger Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 18 2004,9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hoosier, I was just at Shields Lake two weeks ago and the fishing wasn't good at all.  I hear it is a good bass lake but the weeds were too thick plus it didn't help that the carp were spawning and stirring up the shallow water where the bass like to hang out.  My Dad went last year though and said it was great.  I guess we just picked the wrong weekend to go.  Happy Fishing!
17 replies since Jun. 17 2004,11:50 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Cut Grass From Lawns
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon